Pages

Monday 24 September 2012

Rainy Days & Mondays


...always get me down...(as the lovely Karen Carpenter famously sang).  Today it is both raining and a Monday...the worst of all.  However, I'm determined that being stuck inside will not be a chore and will use this enforced time indoors to get on with some 'making'.

Last week, I didn't get much done as I had a few projects to get on with in the garden.  I did however have a play around with a dinosaur applique design & pencil case, using green camo fabric as a trim, lining and the applique T-Rex, a little keyring tab and contrast orange zip & stitching.





...and I've discovered a new obsession: 'free-motion machine embroidery'.  It's basically sketching on fabric using the machine.  A bit random and messy and quite odd to get to grips with, but fun to do and I quite like the results.  Here are my very basic, first attempts, so nothing special...but everyone has to start somewhere, right?!





No comments:

Post a Comment