Pages

Friday 11 January 2013

A quick look back at December 2012 'makes'

I can finally share some more pictures of the gifts and orders I was busy making in the run up to Christmas (but was keeping secret!) I don't want to write too lengthy a post about these bits and pieces as my head (& pinterest board!!) is now full with new ideas and projects for 2013, so I'll be brief....here's a few of the things I got round to photographing before they were packaged up and delivered:



These stoneware, hand thrown ceramic bowls, glazed in creams and green hues, are from the collection I produced last term. I made them with certain friends & family in mind, in the hope that they would be good enough to give as Christmas gifts.  They were well received so hopefully the recipients weren't just being kind!



Quite a few of these zipped pouches were ordered for Christmas, and I made a couple to give as gifts as well. I'm planning on making quite a few more with some of the new spring ranges of designer fabrics I've seen.






The natural canvas tote bag, with applique flowers and free-motion machine embroidery, that featured in a post last autumn proved to be really popular. Each one is totally unique and can be tailored to suit the individual, making them a lovely personal gift. Here are a few examples.



Another natural canvas tote, with a pretty green spot lining.


These 2 tote bags were made in a very practical dark charcoal/nearly black heavy cotton and feature different colour themes and prints to make them unique and personal. 




The printed cottons featured in this first bag are from a fabulous range from Birch Fabrics, by textile designer Rebekah Gilda.

This second bag is appliqued and lined using a variety of printed fabrics from the gorgeous Tilda range:





The bags together; similar in style but completely unique.



I then created coordinating coin purses and luggage tags. 











I've had absolutely loads of orders for these 'bag tags'....totally individual, fun and an inexpensive little gift. I really love making them too!






No comments:

Post a Comment